Sarah Sanders refused service and Maxine Waters calling for civil unrest it’s understandable why 58% of Americans afraid to share their political views
Sarah Sanders refused service at the Red Hen restaurant in Virginia. Last week Hanoi Jane Fonda’s brother Peter Fonda called for Barron Trump to be snatched from Melania and put in a cage with pedophiles. This weekend Florida Attorney General Pam Bondi were verbally attacked by protesters going to see a documentary on Mr. Rogers. Now this weekend Crazy Maxine Waters calls basically for civil unrest not allowing Trump administration to get gas, groceries without being attacked. It is understandable why 58% of Americans are afraid to share their political views.
A Cato institute poll shows that 58% of Americans are afraid to share their political views. Speaking political views is what my website was founded on. Political correctness are killing America and American culture.
It follows that a solid majority (59%) of Americans think people should be allowed to express unpopular opinions in public, even those deeply offensive to others. On the other hand, 40% think government should prevent hate speech. Despite this, the survey also found Americans willing to censor, regulate, or punish a wide variety of speech and expression they personally find offensive:
- 51% of staunch liberals say it’s “morally acceptable” to punch Nazis.
- 53% of Republicans favor stripping U.S. citizenship from people who burn the American flag.
- 51% of Democrats support a law that requires Americans use transgender people’s preferred gender pronouns.
- 65% of Republicans say NFL players should be fired if they refuse to stand for the anthem.
- 58% of Democrats say employers should punish employees for offensive Facebook posts.
- 47% of Republicans favor bans on building new mosques.
Americans also can’t agree what speech is hateful, offensive, or simply a political opinion:
- 59% of liberals say it’s hate speech to say transgender people have a mental disorder; only 17% of conservatives agree.
- 39% of conservatives believe it’s hate speech to say the police are racist; only 17% of liberals agree.
- 80% of liberals say it’s hateful or offensive to say illegal immigrants should be deported; only 36% of conservatives agree.
- 87% of liberals say it’s hateful or offensive to say women shouldn’t fight in military combat roles, while 47% of conservatives agree.
- 90% of liberals say it’s hateful or offensive to say homosexuality is a sin, while 47% of conservatives agree.
Why are Americans afraid to share their political views? Really it is the same reason they are afraid to share their religious views. Someone might be offended.
Well I am offended by homosexuality. I am offended by Muslims that want to kill us. I am offended by multi million dollar football players that will not stand for the national anthem. I am offended by having transsexual bathrooms and my daughter and wife maybe having a perv in the bathroom with them. I am offended by the smut that Hollywood has been putting out for 30 years. I am offended by the Clinton’s and Obama’s being traitors and selling out our country by giving the Russians 30% of our Uranium. I am offended by the church which is unwilling to condemn abortion and homosexuality and liberals within the church.
There now I feel better. I am not one of the 58% unwilling to share my political views.