Roy Moore threatens to sue Washington Post over smear
Republican Alabama Senate Candidate Roy Moore has threatened to sue the Washington Post over a story it posted last week concerning almost 40 year old allegations Moore had relationships with teenagers in his 30’s.
During an event Sunday, Moore called the newspaper’s report “fake news” and a “desperate attempt to stop my political campaign,” according to The Associated Press.
The newspaper “will be sued,” he said during the event.
“Why would they come now? Because there are groups that don’t want me in the United States Senate,” he said.
“We do not plan to let anybody deter us from this race.”
The threat comes after a 53-year-old woman told the Post that Moore initiated sexual contact with her in 1979 when she was 14 and he was 32. Three other women also told the Post that Moore around the same time had courted them when they were teenagers.
Moore has denied the allegations saying they are completely false.
Mitch McConnell and John McCain fellow swamp creatures have called on Judge Moore to step down in a race he had been leading prior to the Post smear. McConnell told reporters today in Kentucky “yes I believe the women” And McConnell added that he thinks Judge Moore should step aside.
McConnell and John McCain have made it their clear mission to block the Trump agenda. Judge Roy Moore will be a true Trump warrior and these two old RINO hacks can not stand for that. Roy Moore is right in defending and fighting these charges. It is more of the same attacks from the Left, liberal press and two old RINO’s.