Poll shows 58% of Americans afraid to share their political views
A Cato institute poll shows that 58% of Americans are afraid to share their political views. Speaking political views is what my website was founded on. Political correctness are killing America and American culture.
It follows that a solid majority (59%) of Americans think people should be allowed to express unpopular opinions in public, even those deeply offensive to others. On the other hand, 40% think government should prevent hate speech. Despite this, the survey also found Americans willing to censor, regulate, or punish a wide variety of speech and expression they personally find offensive:
- 51% of staunch liberals say it’s “morally acceptable” to punch Nazis.
- 53% of Republicans favor stripping U.S. citizenship from people who burn the American flag.
- 51% of Democrats support a law that requires Americans use transgender people’s preferred gender pronouns.
- 65% of Republicans say NFL players should be fired if they refuse to stand for the anthem.
- 58% of Democrats say employers should punish employees for offensive Facebook posts.
- 47% of Republicans favor bans on building new mosques.
Americans also can’t agree what speech is hateful, offensive, or simply a political opinion:
- 59% of liberals say it’s hate speech to say transgender people have a mental disorder; only 17% of conservatives agree.
- 39% of conservatives believe it’s hate speech to say the police are racist; only 17% of liberals agree.
- 80% of liberals say it’s hateful or offensive to say illegal immigrants should be deported; only 36% of conservatives agree.
- 87% of liberals say it’s hateful or offensive to say women shouldn’t fight in military combat roles, while 47% of conservatives agree.
- 90% of liberals say it’s hateful or offensive to say homosexuality is a sin, while 47% of conservatives agree.
Why are Americans afraid to share their political views? Really it is the same reason they are afraid to share their religious views. Someone might be offended.
Well I am offended by homosexuality. I am offended by Muslims that want to kill us. I am offended by multi million dollar football players that will not stand for the national anthem. I am offended by having transsexual bathrooms and my daughter and wife maybe having a perv in the bathroom with them. I am offended by the smut that Hollywood has been putting out for 30 years. I am offended by the Clinton’s and Obama’s being traitors and selling out our country by giving the Russians 30% of our Uranium. I am offended by the church which is unwilling to condemn abortion and homosexuality and liberals within the church.
There now I feel better. I am not one of the 58% unwilling to share my political views.
Related post George Soros gives 18 Billion to Open society, expect more Black Lives matter protest