My 20 favorite quotes about politics
l thought I would lighten the mood for a while today with my 20 favorite politics quotes. Some of these are very serious, some not but I hope you enjoy and share with your friends to also enjoy.
- Better to be silent and thought a fool than speak and remove all doubt. Abraham Lincoln
- .A typical vice of American politics is the avoidance of saying anything real on real issues Theodore Roosevelt.
- Someone once said that politics is the second oldest profession. I’m beginning to think it bears resemblance to the first. Ronald Reagan
Disclaimer this post contains affiliate link. Please see disclaimer for more information
- Perseverance is the hard work you do after you get tired of doing the hard work you already did. Newt Gingrich
- While warming up for the speech, Reagan said “My fellow American, I am pleased to tell you today that I’ve signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever we will begin bombing in five minutes.” (scared the crap out of Gorbachev).””
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate link. Please read my disclaimer for more information
- One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. Plato
- Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress; but I repeat myself. Mark Twain
- If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. Winston Churchill
- A fool and his money are soon elected. Will Rogers
- In politics stupidity is not a handicap. Napoleon Bonaparte
- To err is human to blame someone else is politics. Hubert H. Humphrey
- Politics ought to be the part-time profession of every citizen who would protect the rights and privileges of free people and who would preserve what is good and fruitful in our national heritage. Dwight D Eisenhower
- Sometimes by losing the battle you find a new way to win the war. Donald Trump
- I have come to the conclusion that politics are too serious a matter to be left to the politicians.” – Charles De Gaulle
- Mr. Gorbachev, open this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!” – Ronald Reagan Revolution is not a dinner party, not an essay, nor a painting nor a piece of embroidery; it cannot be advanced softly, gradually, carefully, considerately, respectfully, politely, plainly and modestly. Mao Zedong
- Those who refuse to learn from History are condemned to repeat it. George Santayana
- The only thing we have to fear is fear itself. FDR
- My choice early in life was between whether to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician. And to tell the truth, there’s hardly any difference. Harry S. Truman
- – Abraham Lincoln, on the accusation that he was two-faced:“If I had two faces, would I be wearing this one?”
I hope you enjoyed my 20 favorite politics quotes. If so please share on social media to spread the word. Follow tomorrow for my 20 favorite inspirational sayings.